Monday, February 21, 2011

WHY ORDER A WINE???


Why order a wine?????
 I am seated in a restaurant and I want to enjoy my food with an alcoholic beverage, now what I have in mind is a wine but it’s natural that (just) maybe I will abort the idea when I glance at the beverage menu card. Can anyone point out the reason as to why?????? Well let me give you some. First of all I will not like the price; I would rather consider hops than wine which will be way cheaper and effective to give me a memorable weekend. The second reason being the complication in pronouncing the name of the wine, which gets more and more complicated if we consider the French creation (I seriously think that they should consider giving their products names that can be pronounced easily at one go). If my wallet were loaded I would prefer a Scotch or an American (J.D. Most probably) over a wine that will give me nothing but embarrassment when I pronounce the name wrong and I have myself corrected by the server and that is when the clock strikes awkward o’ clock for me.
Now having said all this would you call for a wine????? Well you should but before you do, it is imperative that you are well equipped with the required knowledge because consuming a wine is one type of investment (because they are very expensive). What I am trying to say is that when purchasing a bottle of wine you should know the wine and that is the only way to get value for your investment unless if you are not paying for the drink forget everything that I have said. CHEEERRRSS….

No comments:

Post a Comment